- UBIQUITY Software Corporation (subsidiary AVAYA Inc.)
Information Developer and Snr Technical Author,
- STMicroelectronics R&D Ltd (Senior Technical Author),
- Encrypta Ltd (Tech Author/Graphic design/web work),
- Molynx/Bewator (sole Techical Author, product documentation designer),
- Flextronics (contract Electronics test engineer),
- Race Electronics (contract Electronics test engineer),
- AB Electronics (contract Electronics test engineer),
- Electrocoin (QA eng / Technical writer / product documentation designer),
- Hitachi Television and VCR (QA eng/Technical writer),
- Hoover plc (Snr Electronics technician),
- STARmicronics Ltd (Snr Electronics technician QA),
- LCR components Ltd (trainee Electrical/electronics engineer).
- Graduated – 2011–2014, BA Hons., Art Practice, University of South Wales, Trefforest. High 2:1
- 2011–2013, Foundation Degree Art Practice, UofSW, Merthyr Tydfil college, Glamorgan.
Passed with a First.
- 2010–2011, Foundation Diploma Art Practice. Passed with Distinction.
- 2011, ABC Level 3 Award in Visual Arts (Life Drawing), Certificate, Merthyr Tydfil.
- 2009-2010, Advanced Diploma Person-centred Therapy. Ystrad Mynach College.
Passed with Distinction.
- 2009-2010, St David’s Foundation 16week intensive course Grief counseling.
- 2009-2010, OCN ART. Rhymney College.
Passed with Distinction.
- 2000-2001, began City and Guilds Technical Authorship qualification at Sheffield Hallam University prior to redundancy and joining STMicroelectronics
- 1997-1999, University of Glamorgan / Gwent Tertiary College – HNC Graphic Design.
completed with distinctions
- 1993-1994, City & Guilds, Amusement & Leisure equipment servicing
- 1998-1990, Gwent College of Higher Education, Allt-yr-yn, Newport. ESF C.A.D ASIC design HNC course.
- 1987-1988, West Glam Inst., Swansea, BTEC HNC Microelectronics engineering.
Passed with Merit.
- 1984–1987, Treforrest technical college, ONC & HNC A2 Elelctrical & Electronic engineering.
Passed with Merit.
- 1977-1983, Rhymney Comprehensive school. O Levels.
- June 2014 – “Dispersal”, Finals Exhibition, BA Hons. Art Practice, University of South Wales, Trefforest.
- May 2013 – Foundation Degree final exhibition,Gallery Black’s, Inkspot Art&Crafts, Cardiff. Exhibition of my Mixed media, installation and photography art. Multiple responsibilities.
- Summer 2013 – Taste Of Enterprise gallery Ebbw Vale. Installation and mixed media pieces, professionally mounted.
- March 2013 – Defining The Land, Landscape Exhibition, Oriel Theatre Myfanwy, Merthyr Tydfil.
Included were twenty four separate works by me.
- Spring 2012 – Taste Of Enterprise gallery Merthyr Tydfil. Landscape photography pieces, professionally mounted.
- Summer 2010 – Exhibited in Caerphilly visitor centre art exhibition.
- Trustee, Pontlottyn community centre, Pontlottyn, Mid Glam. Various committee duties / staffing of community centre.
Unfortunately, Caerphilly Borough Council starved the community of funding over a 5 year period resulting in building repairs becoming uneconomic.
We were assured that this wasn’t deliberate but I have seen emails that suggest otherwise. The disrepair became dangerous for users and then asbestos boards were discovered in the ceilings so after 40years the building was condemned and demolished.
There are ongoing negotiations about a “new build” community centre which I am monitoring closely.
Though not holding my breath…
- United Valleys Action Group (former vice Chair), Link
- Stop The Rape Of The Fair Country, Link
- Covanta Incinerator Objection Group,
- No Monster Incinerator Group.
Coordinated multiple venue music festival and family funday “Rock Against Incineration” as well as coming up with the concept of a biodegradable balloon release to demonstrate the damaging effects of placing the UK’s largest waste incinerator above our villages in support of U.V.A.G fighting fund.
- I have been known to corner Welsh Assembly ministers, local Member of Parliament and councilors and respectfully but forcefully put across my case during campaigns through fact based, reasoned argument. A small group of us formed U.V.A.G and organized what became a 13,000 strong petition against Covanta Corporation and through determined campaigning and help and a barrister provided by Friends Of The Earth we beat their multi-million pound planning application. We were highly commended by FOE.
- Pontlottyn P.A.P.A Festival July 2009,
- Founding member; fund-raiser; art exhibition curator in St Tyfaelog church; venue co-ordinator – 5 venues;
Band-booker and timetable, poster, programme, t-shirt, button badge and ticket designer;
countless fundraising raffles and fundraising events and gigs…
I.T and Transferrable skills
- Proficient in Mac OS X and Windows XP/2000 operating systems
- Proficient in MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel,
- Adobe Acrobat, FrameMaker Adobe CS5.1: Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver.
- some CAD packages (e.g. AutoCAd).
- My main tools at Ubiquity and ST were Adobe FrameMaker and Acrobat.
- Also; DreamWeaver, RoboHelp, Visio, PaintShopPro,
- Bugzilla, Actionzilla and TWIKI to the latest releases.
I have spent much of my life living in the ex-mining communities and small villages
of the upper Rhymney Valley in South Wales. I am divorced, I have two sons from